Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to School

Today marked the beginning of a new school year for our family! Abby began first grade, Hallie is in 4K, and Lilly is in her last year of Mother's Day Out! I know everyone says this, but they really do grow up so fast! I try very hard to enjoy each day and absorb every little thing about them being little yet sometimes, most-times, I feel like I am so busy that I miss so much! I feel so blessed to work where Abby and Hallie go to school because it neat to see them walk down the hall and wave at me as they pass the office. Or I can sometimes sneak into our superintendent's office and peak at them during recess playing on the playground with their friends. I can get to know personally each of their precious teachers who I know love my girls and all their students as if they were their own children. What a blessing it is to work there. I was watching a program the other day on t.v. about a sixteen year old girl who had some condition that caused her not to grow much bigger than the size of an infant and her brain would not develop much more than the age of a small child. However, she continued to age... just not mature or grow. I try to remind myself how fortunate we are to have three healthy daughters, and that even though it is hard to watch them grow up, how sad it would be if they couldn't.


I better stop there before this turns into a depressing blog. :) Anyway, we all had a great first day of school! Here are some pictures from this morning!


My first grader!!



My 4K girl!



My only Mother's Day Out preschooler!



The two "big school" girls!



Cuz was waiting for us at the front of the school!



Daddy & Mommy with the two big school girls! Lilly we can't wait for you to be in this picture next year! Something's definitely missing without you!



Five out of the six Moseley grandchildren! Again, Lilly we can't wait for you to join us!



4K cousins. No, Hallie is not wearing high heels.



Abby and one of her bestest buddies, Jessica!



Abby and another bestest buddy, Andie. They were born 5 days apart, and have been together in classes every year since they were two years old! No, Abby isn't wearing high heels, either.



Last but certainly not least: Josh & Abby. Best Friends Forever. I think they are getting to the age though where they don't want to admit it... can you tell?



This year Josh and Abby are in different classes. :( They do still see each other at recess and at church on Wednesday night and Sunday. However, Justin saw Josh in the hallway today at school and he said Josh told him "I am really going to miss Abby during the weekdays!" What a sweet boy! He always takes good care of his friend.

Well, that's all for now. Homework is done, girls bathed and in bed, time to pack lunches, go to bed, and start all over again tomorrow! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! Josh misses Abby being in his class. When he got home yesterday, I asked him how his first day went and he said it went good except that Abby wasn't in his class. He did mention that he asked her to chase him at recess though....not sure what that was all about!!!

    ReplyDelete