Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bunk Beds & Frustration with Hanks "Fine" Furniture

Back on July 5, Justin and I ordered bunk beds and a dresser for Hallie and Abby's room. They said then that it would all be in by July 17. On the 17th they said it would be in by the 23rd. On the 23rd the bunk beds were in but not the dresser & mirror. It won't be in until August 14th, supposedly. How frustrating! However, Aunt Nancy had the girls over for a sleepover last night, so Justin and I were able at least to get the new bunk beds set up, and we moved Abby's old bed to Lilly's room. We counted it up, and in the eight years we have lived in this house, we have switched furniture around in those two bedrooms at least nine times! Here are some pics of the new beds. Of course, we still need to hang pictures on walls, etc., but here is what it all looked like around 11:30 last night when we were all finished putting stuff together and moving it around.



Here are the new bunk beds! Abby will be on top and Hallie on bottom! As of this picture, we hadn't bought a new mattress for Abby yet. We went today and bought her one and have put it up there. Her comforter matches Hallie's.''



This is Abby's old bed which is now Lilly's new bed! She was so excited to get a really big girl bed! We still have to put her purple comforter on, fix her wallpaper, and hang pictures back up!


Another view of Lilly's new arrangement.
I will post more pictures when we get the dresser and mirror in and everything hung back up!


4 comments:

  1. how cute! hey you may want to keep in mind that one day abby might want to switch with lilly and have her own room. and rightly so, i think, since she's the oldest. i'm partial to first borns. heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree, Iris. When I hit the teenage years I had to move out of the room that I shared with my messy younger sister.
    Kari, I love their rooms. They look so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The hope is that one day soon we will have a bigger house where they can each have their own rooms (fingers crossed)!

    ReplyDelete